Creating Framework Conditions for Research Management to Strengthen the European Research Area
|Funding programme||Horizon Europe|
|Start year-end year||2022-2025|
The RM-ROADMAP project launched in September 2022 under the HORIZON-WIDERA-2021-ERA-01 call aims to support the strengthening of an inclusive research management community in Europe, with a total budget of EUR 1.5 million.
As a member of the consortium, HETFA Research Institute will be responsible for leading the work package on Intelligence aiming to gather and assess the current state of the art and gaps in the field of research management career frames, terminology, financial opportunities and mobility schemes.
Activities and outputs
The RM ROADMAP project will connect existing European networks on a smart community platform (Knowledge and Community Platform) which will enable an unprecedented co-creation process in research management in the world. This co-creation process seeks to gather the existing communities and expand upon them to reach two main objectives – To create and inform a bottom-up consensus on the future of RM in a roadmap, and to inform the community about existing training, networking, funding, and mobility opportunities.
The RM ROADMAP project will:
- Define the vision and overarching strategy for the future of Research Management
- Provide unprecedented intelligence for policy makers about research support, enabling efficient and targeted improvements
- Establish grassroots thought-leadership and a stakeholder community across Europe to provide future input and contribute to deepening the European Research Area
- Leverage existing networks and create new connections, to multiply the impact of thematic or national initiatives and to spread awareness of training and development opportunities
- Realise synergies between organisational resources, national funding, EU research funding and EU structural funds
- Ultimately, provide higher quality support to research programmes, with greater efficiency at a system level.
- HETFA Research Institute (HU)
- NOVA University Lisbon (PT)
- Association of European Science & Technology Transfer Professionals (NL)
- Crowdhelix Limited (IE)
- The Cyprus Institute (CY)
Contact & more info
For more information about the project, please contact:
In the framework of the Horizon Europe funded RM Roadmap project, HETFA Research Institute and the NOVA University of Lisbon (PT) have developed a survey aiming to gather evidence to shape the future of research management in Europe. We invite you to participate in...
The RM Roadmap project is set to embark on a groundbreaking co-creation process that will bring together research managers from 40 European countries. Our mission is to engage in a comprehensive dialogue about the current research management landscape within their...
The 1st Ambassador Meeting within the RM ROADMAP project was successfully held on 9 May 2023, in Budapest, Hungary. The event was organised by HETFA Research Institute, a partner of the RM ROADMAP consortium, which is coordinated by EARMA. The RM ROADMAP consortium...
The RM ROADMAP Horizon Europe project was launched in September 2023 with the aim of supporting the recognition and elaboration of the framework conditions for research management and to strengthen to European Research Area. Within the consortium, HETFA Research...
The project RM ROADMAP aims to support the strengthening of an inclusive research management community in Europe. The project will connect existing European networks on a smart community platform (Knowledge and Community Platform), enabling an unprecedented...
RM-ROADMAP Project Launch: Creating Framework Conditions For Research Management To Strengthen The European Research Area
Europe’s leading organisations that represent research managers have welcomed the award of €1.5m from the Horizon Europe programme, to fund an unprecedented co-creation process that aims to define the future of the profession. The RM-ROADMAP project will be led by the...
RM ROADMAP project and foRMAtion educational module for future RMAs showcased at the EARMA Conference 2022
After two years of online events, the annual conference of EARMA (European Association of Research Managers and Administrators) was held in Oslo, Norway, between 4-6 May 2022. The event attracted more than 1.150 participants, mainly research managers, consultants and...