Climate Policy and Sustainability Lab
The Climate Policy and Sustainability Lab of HÉTFA provides socio-economic analysis and policy advice on sustainable development. The concept of sustainability is interpreted and examined in the broadest sense, therefore HÉTFA is looking not only at the protection of natural resources, but also at its impact on the quality of human life and the economy. Our main objective is to mainstream this approach into policy-making processes.
Our lab carries out social and economic analyses and coordinates projects regarding sustainability, environment and climate policy. Our mission is to support decision makers or decision-making processes to form policies and implement projects in a way that is in line with climate goals and the „do no significant harm” directive.
Projects and partners
- „Reopening, crisis management and sustainability”: Recommendations on how economic reopening strategies after COVID19 should be carried out in a way that minimizes economic damage, and how measures cansupport a sustainable and resilient transformation of the economy (commissioned by European Climate Foundation)
- „Cohesion policy and climate protection goals in Hungary in the programming period 2021-2027”: recommendations and concrete project proposal regarding the use of cohesion funds, with the aim of making the sustainability aspects of the use of resources in Hungary more prevalent for the 2021-2027 programming period (commissioned by European Climate Foundation)
- „Interactions between sustainable development and public finances by the example of air quality”: Estimation of the social and economic damage caused by air pollution and recommendations on how to improve air quality in Hungary. (commissioned by the Fiscal Council)
- „The economic and social impacts of the renovation of worst performing residential buildings in Hungary”: Estimation of the macroeconomic impacts of a hypothetical renovation programme to improve the energy efficiency of the domestic housing stock using the HÉTFA CGE model and quantified a range of other health and economic impacts through cost-benefit analysis. (commissioned by Habitat for Humanity)
- Integrated ex-ante sustainability impact assessment (ESIA) and sustainable performance framework index (SPFI): Elaboration of a composite index that is able to measure the sustainable performance of different countries and an ex-ante sustainability impact assessment methodology (commissioned by Blue Planet Foundation)
- „LIFE LOGOS 4 WATERS”: Coordinating the community decision-making process and the work of 2 Multi-stakeholder Catchment Forums in the framework of the LIFE LOGOS 4 WATERS project. (commissioned by WWF Hungary)
Question, inquiries and comments are welcome at our email address: email@example.com