Pannonia Office for Local Development
Pannonia Office for Local Development aims to understand and improve the processes that determine the life of Hungarians in rural areas and across borders. The activities of Pannonia Office include territorial research, economic and environmental analysis, preparation of development materials, and consultancy activities. The Office concentrates on rural cities in Hungary and the Central and Eastern European region.
In addition to the diverse professional background of our staff – consisting of economists, regional development experts, geographers, environmental engineers, sociologists – we have significant local knowledge in certain areas of the Carpathian Basin. These experiences help us to identify and demonstrate the processes and driving forces of local development for our partners. HETFA has been monitoring and supporting the safeguarding and growth of Hungarian communities across borders for decades. In recent years, our research activity has been focusing on Hungarians living beyond borders.
In the course of our rural development activities, we have already worked with the local governments of Zala and Fejér counties, as well as with the Balaton Integration and Development Agency and several smaller and larger local governments. Our cross-border projects were commissioned by the Prime Minister’s Office, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, the Muravidék Hungarian Local Government National Community and the Harghita County Council.
- Participation in updating strategic documents for the Zala County Employment Pacts (2016-2020)
- Participation in the preparation of regional development programmes of Zala county (planning period of 2014-2020 and 2021-2027)
- Strategy for tourism development in the bilingual area of Muravidék (2018)
- Contribution to the preparation of the economic development strategy of Muravidék
- Preparation of a comprehensive analysis of the demographic, social and economic situation of the Hungarians living in Croatia and Muravidék (Prekmurje). The analysis was prepared on behalf of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (2019)
- Participation in the Keszthely Hazavár (Homecoming to Keszthely) youth support program on behalf of the Municipality of Keszthely (2018)
- Preparatory study for the foundation of the Hungarian grammar school in Vienna on behalf of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (2019)
- Analysis on the economic development of the Carpathian Basin area inhabited by Hungarians in the decade of the renewal of national policy 2010-2020 (2020)
The Head of Division of the Pannonia Office for Local Development is Ms Zsuzsa REMETE.
Questions, inquiries and comments are welcome at our email address: email@example.com