Interactive and mentorship based FEMale emPOWERment in the field of entrepreneurship
iFEMPOWER is implemented under Erasmus+ Key Action 2 promoting strategic partnership in the field of higher education. The project aims to empower female students to get engaged in entrepreneurship by reinforcing their high-level and transversal skills needed for self-employment. It addresses the lack of entrepreneurial motivation and attitude among the young and the gender gap in entrepreneurship.
The main objectives of iFEMPOWER are:
- empowering potential female entrepreneurs among HEI students from any fields to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills (both soft and hard) to launch their successful entreprises;
- developing innovative tools, educational and training methods for the empowerment of female entrepreneurs in HEIs;
- promoting entrepreneurial mindset, making entrepreneurship attractive for youth and raising awareness on the importance of improving conditions of female entrepreneurship by building a strong network among HEI and business.
For more information: https://prezi.com/view/BUV4d1dim4sOQT0oNTeO/
During its 3 years, iFEMPOWER realized interlinked activities. Based on a preparatory research (prepared by HETFA) on the role of females in European SMEs, investigating the main roles, hindrances, gaps and market needs, the project elaborated an international module for university students which can support the audiance to broaden their knowledge on entrepreneurship related topics and they get high-level, transversal and case solving skills to support their engagement in self-employment and entrepreneurship. This module was jointly developed by partners, accredited and launched at partner universities for 2 semesters. The courses were backed by a tailor-made mentorship programme, establishing long-term cooperation between entrepreneurs and students. In addition, after each semester, students with best business idea had the opportunity to take part at intensive study programmes where their ideas were developed further. Apart from these activities, the project launched its female entrepreneurship support points and an online toolkit for anyone interested in women entrepreneurship to provide further support. In the framework of iFEMPOWER a final study was elaborated, highlighting the transferable practices and formulating policy recommendations channelled to stakeholders. It enables the improvement of business and educational environment for female entrepreneurs and policy changes in HEI, entrepreneurship, business support fields. Multiplier events were organised in participating countries with the aim to support the outcomes and channel them to the relevant stakeholders.
iFEMPOWER support point was realised in HETFA as well, read more info about the service for Hungarians HERE.
iFEMPOWER gathers important organizations from the knowledge triangle: 4 HEIs, 3 business actors, 1 business support organizations and the Coordinator being a private research organization building a bridge between the academy and business sector. Involvement of the civil sphere is assured through Associated Partners. The partnership also represents a good geographical coverage of countries with different scientific and entrepreneurial background.
- HÉTFA Research Institute (Hungary)
- Sigmund Freud Privatuniversität Wien GmbH (Austria)
- Háskólinn á Bifröst (Iceland)
- Budapesti Corvinus Egyetem (Hungary)
- Universitatea „Sapientia” din municipiul Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
Businesses and business support organizations:
- Steinbeis GmbH & Co. KG für Technologietransfer (Germany)
- Andalucía Emprende Fundación Pública Andaluza (Spain)
- ONECO Consulting S.L. (Spain)
- Sociedade Portuguesa de Inovação (SPI) (Portugal)
- Lean in Femspace (Austria)
- Icelandic Directorate of Labour (Iceland)
- PONT Group (Kreatív Kolozsvár) (Romania)
You can get acquainted with the details of the project, download useful materials and gain information about the events on the website of iFEMPOWER (www.ifempower.eu).
Social media platforms:
iFEMPOWER has received funding from the European Union’s Erasmus+ programme under the registration number 2018-1-HU01-KA203-04776
The Danube Cup Conference “Entrepreneurship/Startup Education for Students” have taken place on 28 April 2022 at Corvinus University of Budapest, during which professionals from HETFA Research Institute had the chance to bring back the ifempower spirit by...