Orla Power-Grant is the Research Funding Officer for the Faculty of Education and Health Sciences. Orla was awarded PhD in Food Science and Health from the Univeristy of Limerick (2013). Orla has also completed an MSc in Nutritional Biochemistry (2007) and a BSc. in Industrial Biochemistry (2004). Orla has previously worked in industry and in a National Food Research Institute. Prior to taking up her role as EHS Research Funding Officer Orla was a post-doctoral researcher in the Department of Physical Education and Sport Sciences at UL. Orla worked on the Food for Health Ireland research project, which is an academic-industrial collaboration with the Dairy industry. Her work investigated the bioactive properties of milk-derived peptides particularly in the context of healthy aging.
Orla’s role as Research Funding Officer involves:
- scoping and investigating funding opportunities that align with EHS research priority areas
- providing dedicated support during the proposal development and submission process
- provide detailed technical review of proposals in advance of submission
- facilitating faculty wide research collaborations
- support the education and training of developing researchers