Professional at the Interface of Science, particularly in pre-award tasks supporting in the preparation and writing of applications for competitive funding programs, searching for funding opportunities, and disseminating them to the scientific community. Experience in supporting policy and decision-making, namely with the preparation of bibliometric studies of scientific outputs and analysis of research results indicators, with a focus on international comparison and benchmarking exercises.
Very motivated in capacity-building and training in research management, currently teaching an RMA course for bachelor students at NOVA FCSH.
Actively participating in developing a community of practitioners to share views and professionals bestpractices, as member of coordination board of the Portuguese Platform for the Professionals and the Interface of Science.
Active core group member of the international and inclusive network BESTPRAC.
Fields of expertise:
1. Pre-award, 1.1. Pre-award - Before the proposal,
Areas of expertise:
project preparation, defining research strategy and governance, leadership and team management,
previous projects / publications / references:
Projects and networks
- 2019 - ongoing: foRMAtion: Innovative and smart module for potential Research Managers and Administrators in higher education https://www.formation-rma.eu
(Coordination of NOVA's team in developing the foRMAtion international curriculum for bachelor students; teacher of the new course at NOVA FCSH)
- 2017-2019: The Voice of Research Administrators – Building a Network of Administrative Excellence - https://bestprac.eu/home/
(member of core group; co-coordination of the BESTPRAC training schools)
- Who are the Professionals at the Interface of Science? - presentation at EARMA-BESTPRAC joint conference, Nov. 2020 - 10.13140/RG.2.2.21445.68321
- Mapping of the Portuguese network of Research Support Professionals - presentation at 24th Annual EARMA Conference 2018 - 10.13140/RG.2.2.15363.94249
- Silvertown J, Cook L, Cameron R, Dodd M, McConway K, Worthington J, Skelton P, Anton C, Bossdorf O, Baur B, Schilthuizen M, Fontaine B, Sattmann H, Bertorelle G, Correia M, Oliveira C, Pokryszko B, Ożgo M, Stalažs A, Gill E, Rammul Ü, Sólymos P, Féher Z, Juan X. Citizen science reveals unexpected continental-scale evolutionary change in a model organism. PLoS One. 2011 Apr 27;6(4):e18927. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0018927. PMID: 21556137; PMCID: PMC3083392.