PlatfoRm OF policy Evaluation community for improvED EU policies and Better ACKnowledgement
PROFEEDBACK is a COST-Action (CA20112). A COST Action is an interdisciplinary research network that brings researchers and innovators together to investigate a topic of their choice for 4 years. COST Actions are typically made up of researchers from academia, SMEs, public institutions and other relevant organisations or interested parties.
Start date: 18/10/2021
End date: 17/10/2025
- to foster the networking of the policy evaluation community at EU-level,
- raise awareness on the importance of evaluation policy research
- and improve its impact on policy-making.
The Platform, following a bottom-up and open approach, will gather researchers and professionals from various scientific fields and sectors to present and evaluate theories, topics, tools and methods of policy evaluation. Results of the Europe-wide assessment of good practices will provide direct and high-quality inputs for national and EU bodies responsible for policy evaluation.
Policy evaluation is a key tool in understanding, developing and modernising EU policies, thus there is a growing demand for EU-wide and high quality evaluation services. The main challenge is that currently there is no bottom-up platform for European researchers and professionals working in policy evaluation. They have limited possibilities to discuss common problems, assess country specific practices and share their knowledge in a mutually beneficial and effective way.PROFEEDBACK aims to tackle this challenge with an innovative, complex, cross-sectoral and multidisciplinary approach by:
- analysing the theoretical and methodological questions of evaluation policy research putting special focus on Cohesion Policy,
- enriching scientific research of policy evaluation and addressing new challenges,
- harmonizing fragmented approaches to set the research agenda and to get a common understanding,
- contributing to the capacity building of the policy evaluation community,
- involving national and EU policy-makers and the civil society to contribute to evidence-based policy-making,
- framing a Code of Conduct for the policy evaluation community.
Grant holder institution:
- HÉTFA Research Institute (Hungary) – Gábor Balás
More information is available here: https://www.cost.eu/actions/CA20112/