Interactive and mentorship based FEMale emPOWERment in the field of entrepreneurship
iFEMPOWER is implemented under Erasmus+ Key Action 2 promoting strategic partnership in the field of higher education. The project aims to empower female students to get engaged in entrepreneurship by reinforcing their high-level and transversal skills needed for self-employment. It addresses the lack of entrepreneurial motivation and attitude among the young and the gender gap in entrepreneurship.
The main objectives of iFEMPOWER are:
- empowering potential female entrepreneurs among HEI students from any fields to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills (both soft and hard) to launch their successful entreprises;
- developing innovative tools, educational and training methods for the empowerment of female entrepreneurs in HEIs;
- promoting entrepreneurial mindset, making entrepreneurship attractive for youth and raising awareness on the importance of improving conditions of female entrepreneurship by building a strong network among HEI and business.
For more information: https://prezi.com/view/BUV4d1dim4sOQT0oNTeO/
During its 3 years, iFEMPOWER will realize interlinked activities. Based on a preparatory research on the role of females in European SMEs, investigating the main roles, hindrances, gaps and market needs, the project will elaborate an international module for university students which can support that they broaden their knowledge on entrepreneurship related topics and they get high-level, transversal and case solving skills to support their engagement in self-employment and entrepreneurship. This module will be jointly developed by partners, accredited and launched at partner universities for 2-4 semesters. The courses will be backed by a tailor-made mentorship programme, establishing long-term cooperation between entrepreneurs and students. In addition, after each semester, students with best business idea will have the opportunity to take part at intensive study programmes where their idea will be further developed. Apart from these activities, the project will launch female entrepreneurship support points and an online toolkit for anyone interested in women entrepreneurship to provide further support. In the framework of iFEMPOWER a final study will be elaborated, highlighting the transferable practices and formulating policy recommendations channelled to stakeholders. It will enable the improvement of business and educational environment for female entrepreneurs and policy changes in HEI, entrepreneurship, business support fields. Multiplier events in participating countries will support that outcomes will be channelled into the relevant stakeholders.
If you are interested in our iFEMPOWER support points, read more info about the service for Hungarians HERE.
iFEMPOWER gathers important organizations from the knowledge triangle: 4 HEIs, 3 business actors, 1 business support organizations and the Coordinator being a private research organization building a bridge between the academy and business sector. Involvement of the civil sphere is assured through Associated Partners. The partnership also represents a good geographical coverage of countries with different scientific and entrepreneurial background.
- HÉTFA Research Institute (Hungary)
- Sigmund Freud Privatuniversität Wien GmbH (Austria)
- Háskólinn á Bifröst (Iceland)
- Budapesti Corvinus Egyetem (Hungary)
- Universitatea „Sapientia” din municipiul Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
Businesses and business support organizations:
- Steinbeis GmbH & Co. KG für Technologietransfer (Germany)
- Andalucía Emprende Fundación Pública Andaluza (Spain)
- ONECO Consulting S.L. (Spain)
- Sociedade Portuguesa de Inovação (SPI) (Portugal)
- Lean in Femspace (Austria)
- Icelandic Directorate of Labour (Iceland)
- PONT Group (Kreatív Kolozsvár) (Romania)
You can get acquainted with the details of the project, download useful materials and gain information about the past and upcoming events on the website of iFEMPOWER (www.ifempower.eu).
Social media platforms: