Innovative and smart module FOr potential Research Managers and Administrators in higher educaTION
foRMAtion is implemented under Erasmus+ Key Action 2 promoting strategic partnership in the field of higher education. The project aims to support students in higher education as potential research managers and administrators (RMAs) by reinforcing their high-level and transversal skills needed for developing and managing excellent European research, innovation and educational projects. foRMAtion addresses the growing need for professional research support staff derived from the increasing competition for EU funds in the field of R&I projects, the gap between education and labour market needs and the shortage in RMA educational programmes, standardisation and certification.
Based on the identified needs foRMAtion seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- adapting existing and important good practices in the field of RMA training from different EU countries with a special view on those countries which perform better in EU-funded projects to launch HEI programme for potential RMAs;
- developing innovative tools, educational and training methods for the empowerment of potential RMAs among HEI students to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills as well as to support their career development;
- the gap between the needs of employees and HEI graduates by providing mentorship for potential RMAs, thereby contributing to the preparation and implementation of excellent European educational and research projects.
- making the profession of research management and administration attractive and raising awareness on the importance of RMAs, contributing to the preparation and implementation of excellent European educational and research projects.
During its 3 years, foRMAtion will implement interlinked activities. Based on a methodological guide and good practice collection identifying and assessing existing good practices, know-how, methods and tools in the field of training RMAs, an innovative international module will be elaborated for university students. It will be developed and tested at partner universities. The courses will be supplemented by a mentorship programme and blended learning mobility of students through which trained staff at partners will mentor students to get work experience and hands-on knowledge. Apart from these activities a blended learning platform and online textbook will be developed as an interactive, user-friendly and targeted training opportunity available for anyone within and beyond the project. In the framework of foRMAtion, a guide and impact assessment for educating and training RMAs at HEIs will be elaborated, highlighting the transferable practices and channelling the results and outcomes of the project to stakeholders.
foRMAtion gathers 3 HEIs and 5 business actors with different scientific background.
- HÉTFA Research Institute (Hungary)
- Universidade NOVA de Lisboa, Portugal
- Corvinus University of Budapest, Hungary
- Sapientia Hungarian University of Transylvania, Romania
- Agenzia per la Promozione della Ricerca Europea, Italy/Belgium
- Sociedade Portuguesa de Inovação, Portugal
- Slovenian Forestry Institute, Slovenia
- Institute of Studies for the Integration of Systems, Italy
In addition, 7 experts working in project-related fields will be involved as Advisory Board members. They will provide their feedback and thoughts on the developed materials and foRMAtion activities and contributed to the dissemination and sustainability of the project.
You can get acquainted with the details of the project, download useful materials and gain information about the past and upcoming events on the website of foRMAtion (https://www.formation-rma.eu).
Social media platforms: