In the programming period starting in 2007, institutions of higher education were awarded and contracted for at least 250 billion HUF worth of financial support until August 2012, out of which developments specifically targeting the development of higher education activities amounted to 142.5 billion HUF.
The main themes of the evaluation prepared by HETFA were the following:
- Presentation of the context of the projects implemented from 2007 to 2012
- Evaluation of results by institutions and the achievements regarding the whole higher education system
- The sustainability or results
- Explanatory facts for lagging behind planned targets
- Presentation of best practices
In the frame of the evaluation 10 case studies on higher education institutions and three on R&D&I were prepared. These are available in a separate volume additional to the final report.
HETFA Research Institute was commissioned by the National Development Agency (NFÜ) to carry out the evaluation of programmes targeting higher education.